Please start a 'new post' for each other individual bird, to keep discussions separated.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
THis 3rd cycle herring, photographed in Netherlands, 6 and 20 january 2019 in Netherlands by Leon Edelaar. It has black (ink)spots on tertials, and these spots are darker than compared with herring gulls that are generally more brownish. Quite a lot of black in the secondaries and primary coverts and some black in the tail. It has broad black band on P5, but they tend to get thinner with age. As usual it is difficult to say it is it possibly an american herring gull without an ring.
- 50758875_638002899992004_5301252183260397568_n.jpg (40.87 KiB) Viewed 529 times
- 50676832_638002949991999_321886525862182912_n.jpg (33.98 KiB) Viewed 529 times
- 50631242_638002879992006_8596073023683952640_n.jpg (48.86 KiB) Viewed 529 times
- 50628612_638002933325334_1745843045489704960_n.jpg (61.25 KiB) Viewed 529 times
- 50439776_638005283325099_5303653289022193664_n.jpg (65.88 KiB) Viewed 529 times
- 50308274_638002969991997_5748965230667366400_n.jpg (52.52 KiB) Viewed 529 times