Larus argentatus - December 30th

Cristian Mihai

Re: Larus argentatus - December 30th

Post by Cristian Mihai » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:26 pm

BTW, there are a very few records of Herring Gulls in Romania and I think that this could be the first one for Bucharest. another adult Herring Gull was seen in Romania on December 13th, but on the Black Sea coast.

hieraaetus

Post by hieraaetus » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Cristian Mihai wrote:BTW, there are a very few records of Herring Gulls in Romania and I think that this could be the first one for Bucharest. another adult Herring Gull was seen in Romania on December 13th, but on the Black Sea coast.

Hi Cristian,

Some hungarian fellow birders visited the Danube-delta in Dec 2010 and saw and photographed 3 different individuals near Navodari on Dec13. This observation might be the same you mentioned. They told me that as far as they know the HG wasn't on the official list of Romania. Here is the link to some pictures if you are interested:
http://www.birding.hu/index.php?page=ga ... ai&Lang=en
cheers,

Gabor

Cristian Mihai

Post by Cristian Mihai » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi Gabor and thank you for this information. I know about these observations. By the way, Chris Gibbins also saw some Herring Gulls on the Black Sea coast in the first days of the year 2011 (soon he will send me some pics and I will upload them here). Now, about the official list of Romania, I'm afraid that there isn't an updated list. There are some problems with our committee for rare birds...